Thank you for visiting www.moishehouse.org and our family of websites. Moishe House is committed to respecting your online privacy and security. We maintain numerous electronic and managerial procedures to protect and help prevent unauthorized access of all personal and transactional information.
Legal Basis for Processing
Moishe House will only collect personal information which you knowingly and voluntarily provide, such as sending e-mails, completing forms, registering for events or other programs, and responding to surveys. We may then contact you to provide information about Moishe House activities, programs, development opportunities, and special events that may interest you.
Moishe House reserves the right to use images and/or content you provided by you in any promotional or marketing materials, including newsletters, websites, direct mail and other publications. Moishe House takes your privacy seriously and will not publish your email address or home address publicly, without your explicit consent.
Moishe House is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. We will not sell, rent, lease, trade or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all who contact us through our websites will be kept confidential. Use of personal information will be limited to the internal purposes of Moishe House.
Web Statistics and Information Gathered Automatically
When you visit our website, we automatically gather and record information about your visit so that we can understand the statistical use trends of our website in order to make improvements. This information is stored for the duration of the use of the existing content management system and domain and used without any personal information attached to it. We capture the following information:
- Domain Name– through which you access the Internet (for instance, AOL for America Online, or MSN for Microsoft Network, or YAHOO etc.)
- IP address– from the computer or network used to access our website
- Web browser– and operating system used
- Date and time– you accessed our site
- Pages, files, documents, and links– that you visited
- Referral Internet address– of the website from which you clicked to get to our website
- Search terms– used in a search engine (like google.com) that brought you to our website
Moishe House may set and access cookies on your computer. Cookies are small pieces of alphanumeric data sent to your web browser. Session cookies are used to track usage patterns, tell us what pages you visited, how long you stayed and other visitor behavior. Cookies also allow us to personalize your experience on our website. Many website improvements are made based on the data gathered from cookies.
This website uses information gathering tools including cookies, and other similar technology. By using this website, you consent to the use of these tools. If you do not consent, please do not use this website.
You may set your browser to block cookies. You will still be able to access most of Moishe House’s website, but you may not be able to conduct certain types of transactions or take advantage of some of the enhanced interactive elements.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, or if you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties (including for promotional or direct marketing purposes, such as delivering advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences), you can unsubscribe or manage your communications settings by clicking “update subscription preferences” or “unsubscribe from all” on the bottom of our communication to you.
For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email at email@example.com asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Your opt-out would not apply to disclosure to a third party that is acting on our behalf and under our instructions in support of our permitted uses of your Personal Information.
Users Outside of the United States
Our Platform is hosted in the United States and our services are provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a resident of any country other than the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, and to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
If you are a resident of the European Union, please note that the EU has determined that the laws of the United States do not provide adequate protection for your Personal Information. Accordingly, we are transferring your Personal Information from the EU to the United States based on your consent, or our need to use your Personal Information to provide goods or services that you order, and subject to the following additional protections:
- If we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party that will carry out processing on our behalf, we will enter into a contract with that third party that provides that your Personal Information may be processed only for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent that you have provided to us, and that the third party must provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information that we are obligated to provide under this Policy while it is processing your Personal Information.
- If your Personal Information is being processed by automated means, you have the right to obtain a copy of your provided Personal Information, together with certain additional Personal Information that we have generated as a result of your use of our services, in a structured and commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transfer such Personal Information to another service provider. Upon your request, we will transfer that Personal Information directly to another service provider if it is feasible for us to do so.
- If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- You may restrict our use of your Personal Information, by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have contested the accuracy of that information, or if the processing is unlawful or you need the information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. We will then store your Personal Information and process it only with your consent, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to protect the rights of others. The restriction with respect to information claimed to be inaccurate would end if we verify the accuracy of that contested information.
- Some of the information that you provide to us may be sensitive information related to your racial or ethnic identity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health (including genetic and biometric data), sex life or sexual orientation (“Sensitive Information”). We will not otherwise use or disclose any of your Sensitive Information without your express consent, subject to certain limited exceptions. Should we wish to make any other use or disclosure of your Sensitive Information, we will notify you by email and request that you authorize such use or disclosure by responding to the email with your express consent.
- Upon our receipt of your request by email at email@example.com and our verification of your identity, we will advise you whether or not we are processing Personal Information concerning you and, if so, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information being processed and certain information about the nature and purposes of the processing. If your Personal Information is used for automated decision-making, we will provide you with information on the logic being used and the types of decisions being made. You may correct any such Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Upon your request, we will erase any of your Personal Information that is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, or that is being used for direct marketing purposes, or if our use is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent.
- Our Platform may be used by children in the European Union between the ages of 13 and 16 only with parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child in the European Union under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. In addition, if we have collected Personal Information from any child in the European Union to provide goods or services to that child for a fee, we will erase the Personal Information of that child upon request.
- If we are using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, and we change our Policy to permit any use or disclosure of your Personal Information that is materially different than the uses for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, we will obtain your consent before we make such further uses of your Personal Information.
If you have a complaint about our compliance with this Policy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with our response, you will have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory authority in your country of residence in the EU.
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any information to this Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform, make any purchases through this Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Moishe House is a large international organization with many people responsible for the content of our website. Please help us to maintain the integrity of our website, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint that has not been satisfied by contacting us at the link above, you have the right to complain to the independent public authority created by your country of residence with the responsibility for monitoring the laws governing the processing of Personal Information.