* Compiled from Moishe House webinar: Near, Far, Wherever You Are: Ignite Your Shabbos Flame! – check out the recording here!
Moishe Houses around the world have been keeping the magic of Shabbat virtually:
MH Miami – Midtown: Challah baking by community member, Shirley!
MH Hoboken: Facebook Live Havdalah Jam Sesh!
MH Barcelona virtual Shabbat dinner
How can you create Shabbos magic for your community?
First, consider these questions:
- Why is Shabbat important to you? How can you share that with community members?
- What would make a virtual Shabbat special? What online platforms can you use?
- Are there ways to engage your community without using screens on Shabbat?
- What would make for a really great Shabbat program? A theme?
Next, find your Shabbos Flow:
- Consistency: What will your community look forward to each week?
- Meaningful content: How will you be engaging your community members?
- Sparking joy: How can you make your program fun and light-hearted?
- Rest and relaxation: The most important part of it all! Find ways to inspire the breaks we all need.
Finally, use your resources:
- The new Moishe House Shabbatnik: includes Shabbat rituals, pray guidance, meditation practice, and more!
- Check out The Living Room for Shabbat inspiration: check out the calendar to attend a Moishe House program