THIS POSITION WAS FILLED ON 3/29/19
RSJ Regional Manager
Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
- You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
- You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
- You exemplify our Moishe Mindset to those you work with and meet throughout your journey at Moishe House.
- You have great communication and organizational skills to support our houses in creating their Jewish communities.
A Day in the Life:
The RSJ Regional Manager oversees houses in the FSU and Europe in their leadership development and community building efforts. This role entails training, supporting and building relationships with Moishe House residents, while working within the RSJ community and team to assist with expansion efforts, community partnerships, and communications. We are seeking an organized, proactive, and supportive communicator to play a key role in building community, and engaging and supporting our programs in the Former Soviet Union, including:
Resident & Community Relationship Management (50%)
- Mentor residents in an average of 10 RSJ houses through the Moishe House experience of leadership and intentional community-building
- Build and maintain trusting and meaningful relationships with residents, community members, and stakeholders
- Inspire residents to participate in Jewish learning and leadership opportunities, offering staff support and training
- Train and lead group problem-solving through monthly conference calls and other resources
- Actively listen to residents’ stories, picking up on the said and unsaid
- Grow, enhance and diversify Moishe House presence in the Former Soviet Union
- Ensure success and sustainability for the Moishe House community in each location
- Supervise residents in setting and achieving goals, programming, course-correcting, and celebrating successes
- Manage MHWOW hosts and serve as liaison to the MHWOW team
Program Administration (35%)
- Review and approve program reimbursements; submit accurate data
- Analyze program data and problem-solve proactively, communicating concerns with the program and development teams
- Track and adhere to grant requirements for specific houses
- Support the RSJ team in improving communications, workflow to support residents, MHWOW hosts, and community members.
Special Projects (15%): Lead or participate in special projects as assigned, such as grant oversight, planning for retreats and conferences, and supporting houses through the We Are annual fundraising campaign.
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of professional work experience required. Four additional years of related professional experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English and in Russian.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, proactive, deliver results, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Measurable experience in leading groups of people toward sustained success.
- Enthusiasm for strategizing and collaborating with the team.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to take risks and learn from unexpected situations when things don’t turn out as planned.
- Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, and/or community member) preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed within the region.
The Fine Print
The RSJ Regional Manager is a contract/freelance position, requiring weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings, and occasional travel to complete job requirements. Applicants must have the current ability to work as a contractor and receive payment transfers in their home county. The position is preferably located in Ukraine or Germany (with easy access to a major airport); other locations in Europe and FSU will be considered. This position reports to the Sr. Director of RSJ Programs.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
- We provide competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- Professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
- Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
- A fun work environment with the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations (in local currency) to: email@example.com. All documents must be written in English. PLEASE WRITE “RSJ Regional Manager_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.