Jewish Education Retreats Manager
Founded in 2006, Moishe House launched when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends and networks. Fueled by enormous demand for peer-led, home-based programming from young adults and their Jewish communities, Moishe House has become the global leader of Jewish life for young adults.
With over 100 houses in more than 25 countries, our model develops, supports, and empowers young Jewish leaders as they create meaningful experiences in their local communities for themselves and their peers. More information about Moishe House can be found at www.moishehouse.org.
In recent years, Moishe House has expanded its home based model to become a global leader in pluralistic immersive Jewish learning retreats. The Jewish Education Retreats Manager supports the Senior Director of Jewish Learning by managing and administrating all aspects of our Staff-led Retreat Program, while ensuring uniquely crafted high quality retreat experiences for participants. Applicants should be confident and highly skilled in project management, attention to detail, and ability to follow through, and have familiarity with Judaism and Jewish Learning.
This position is full time, reports directly to the Sr. Director of Jewish Learning, and includes professional development and travel opportunities. We strongly encourage applicants to visit our website and learn more about our programs before applying. This position is located in Encinitas, CA.
Essential Job Duties:
Retreats Logistics and Recruitment (75%)
- Coordinate and oversee all retreat logistics for approximately 15 national retreats per year, travelling to approximately 7 retreats each year, serving as the Moishe House point person in case of emergencies during retreats.
- Research and secure vendors for lodging, transportation, and event services, for all retreats. Communicate all Retreat team needs to vendors, and process payments.
- Manage all aspects of retreat registration and evaluation, address all questions and customer service needs related to the retreat experience.
- Prepare on-site logistical materials for the Retreat Team & provide admin support (e.g. schedules, contracts, registration lists). Lead retreat participant coordination of national and international travel per our guidelines and policies, and process participant travel reimbursements.
- Track and budget all Retreat expenses.
- Order & maintain retreat supply storage.
- Own and continually develop strategies for retreat participant recruitment systems and protocol. Manage retreat recruitment goals and execution with individual members of the Moishe House Regional Support team.
- Update Social Media and execute marketing and follow up strategy for Retreat programs.
- Partner with Marketing team to ensure quality production and delivery of all Retreat fliers, graphics, and postcards.
- Collaborate with tech team, directing and updating retreat section of Moishe House website.
- Support Senior Director of Jewish Learning and Grant writing team in drafting grant proposals and reports as well as collecting and presenting data.
Project Management (25%)
- Manage ongoing scheduling, staffing, and details for all Jewish Learning Retreats.
- Problem solve and diplomatically negotiate contracts and issues that may arise with retreat centers and vendors.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Jewish Learning on Jewish Education Department projects including thought partnership. Ensure uniquely crafted high quality retreat experiences.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field. Four additional years of full-time related work may be substituted for the degree.
- 2 years full-time volunteer or work experience in the Jewish community, preferably related to education and/or retreat planning.
- Highly Proficient with Google Apps and Office Suite. Additional technical experience and/or knowledge of CRM and database systems strongly preferred.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently.
- Demonstrated successful experience adhering to deadlines with competing demands.
- Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking, and project management with many moving parts.
- Demonstrates the Moishe Mindset.
Moishe House Provides
- Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & Jewish Holidays.
Moishe House employees also experience:
- Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats
- A fun work environment with awesome co-workers
- The support of the global Moishe House community
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
PLEASE WRITE “Retreats Manager_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.