THIS POSITION WAS FILLED ON 10/5/18
Regional Manager of Global Communities – Full Time
based in London, UK
Founded in 2006, Moishe House launched when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends and networks. Fueled by enormous demand for peer-led, home-based programming from young adults and their Jewish communities, Moishe House has become the global leader of Jewish life for young adults.
With over 100 houses in more than 25 countries, our model trains, supports, and empowers young Jewish leaders as they create meaningful experiences in their local communities for themselves and their peers. More information about Moishe House can be found at www.moishehouse.org.
The Regional Manager of Global Communities recruits, trains, supports, and builds relationships with potential and existing Moishe House residents in their region, and works with the team of Regional Managers around the world to constantly improve workflows and residents and community support. The Regional Manager is part of Moishe House’s Programme team, which also includes our Learning Retreats and Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW) staff.
This position reports to the Senior Regional Director of Global Communities, is based in London, and works in Moishe House’s International Office with other Moishe House professionals. Frequent travel in targeted key cities is required.
Essential Job Duties:
Oversight of Moishe House Activities
- Oversee International Moishe Houses and support their mission of providing vibrant home-based Jewish experiences to emerging adults.
- Maintain relations between Moishe House residents and international headquarters through monthly conference calls and annual site visits.
- Track programmatic activity and expenses through Moishe House’s online system.
- Foster connection to a larger Moishe House network through the organisation and convening of international and regional gatherings.
- Expand Moishe House’s reach and network in local Jewish communities, helping to foster a culture of collaborative partnerships.
Management and Partnerships
- Work with existing donors while cultivating new donors.
- Work with local communities to build the brand and presence of Moishe House.
- Find opportunities to grow our strategic partnerships with outside organisations.
- Represent Moishe House on a local and international level to develop and grow programme partnerships.
Strategic expansion of Moishe House
- Open new Moishe Houses in strategic cities around the world, with special focus in Europe:
- Find, recruit, and engage potential applicants and applicant groups.
- Manage all internal communications around opening a new house and coordinating between applicants, the programme team and the development team.
- Build a successful resident referral programme.
- Travel to strategic cities, mainly in Europe, to inspire applicants to take the opportunity of building Jewish communities for their peers.
- Work with the international team to support administrative aspects of other Moishe House programmes.
- Support the international staff in organising Jewish Learning Retreats and Resident Conferences.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field, required. Four years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 1-3 years’ professional work experience.
- Experience with the organised Jewish community and/or general nonprofit realm.
- Experience working directly with funders and key organisational partners.
- Experience with direct supervision of multiple staff members or volunteers, and working with and leading young adults in an experiential educational setting preferred.
Other Required Critical Skills, Qualities and Abilities:
- Passion for the work and mission of Moishe House.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently and work flexible hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication (written and oral), and presentation skills.
- Facilitation and team-building skills preferred.
- Well versed in and experience with social media platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, resourceful and ability/willingness to learn quickly.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Requires authorisation to work in the UK.
Moishe House Provides:
Competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience and features a generous benefits package. Moishe House employees also experience:
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats
- A fun work environment with awesome co-workers
- The support of the global Moishe House community
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Regional Manager of Global Communities _ YOUR NAME” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organisation that recognises and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.