*** This position is now on hold as we conduct final interviews***
Program Coordinator, Jewish Education
Full-Time – Encinitas, CA
Starting Salary Range: $38,000 – $40,000
Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
- You believe in our mission and bring passion for Jewish life and experiential Jewish education
- You have high emotional intelligence, excellent follow through and customer service skills
- You have experience with event planning, organizing, and execution
- You have a strong work ethic and organizational skills, and you are detail oriented.
A Day in the Life:
The Program Coordinator is a full-time member of the Jewish Education team and works with the Sr. Director and Jewish Education team to execute retreats recruitment, the application and confirmation process, data tracking, and communications with constituents and vendors. We are seeking a team player who can help to enhance our program, including:
Data systems management (25%): creating contacts, programs and affiliations on Salesforce, setting-up and maintaining google sheets for all retreats, managing Stripe (point-of-sale software) inquiries, requests and regular transfers, using Typeform and Zapier to create the digital infrastructure for retreats management, and creating follow up surveys for all retreats).
Vendor Management (15%): ordering supplies and Judaica, gathering price quotes from venues, bus companies and other vendors, fielding the initial call with retreat centers, and processing travel reimbursement payments.
Supporting the team (15%): staffing 4 retreats per year in a support capacity, (potentially growing into a more leadership role), brainstorming and conducting research on potential retreat topics, and creating retreats schedules for constituent and staff distribution.
Constituent-facing (20%): creating email communications and rooming and dietary charts for all retreats, fielding retreat deposit donor thank you calls, and engaging directly with constituents on retreats feedback.
Recruitment (25%): posting graphics, language and retreat applications on relevant social media pages, coordinating all regularly scheduled posts/social media traffic with the marketing & communications team, connecting with key constituents to keep them up to date on marketing efforts, coordinating mass communications efforts with internal departments, and communicating with local stakeholders for retreats recruitment.
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
- Bachelor’s required. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Minimum one year professional experience, preferably in an administrative and customer service role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and record-keeping
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google (Docs, Sheets, Calendars)
- Experience with social media marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter
- Demonstrated experience in event coordination, vendor relations, and administrative support
- Ability to efficiently manage financial transactions and keep accurate records
- Ability to travel and work some weekends
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
- Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- Working knowledge of, Salesforce, Typeform and Zapier preferred
The Fine Print
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings, occasional travel to complete job requirements, is located in Encinitas, CA and reports to the Sr. Director of Jewish Education. Our starting salary for this position will be between $38,000 and $40,000, assuming you meet the minimum requirements.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
- Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- generous benefits package, including 100% of employee health/dental/vision, 401k match up to 3%, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Parental Leave, Paid-Time-Off, and US & some Jewish Holidays,
- great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
- occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
- a fun work environment with awesome co-workers,
- career paths for all of our positions,
- and, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Program Coordinator, Jewish_Ed_Retreats_firstname_lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Applying for a job with Moishe House?
Wondering what to expect? Here is a preview of possible steps throughout our recruiting process.
- All applicants will receive a confirmation email within one business day of receiving your application
- Video interview using an online app
- Video interview with the hiring manager or other leaders
- Skills assessment
- In-person interview
- Three professional references (including at least one supervisor)
If you are the selected candidate, we will call you to make an offer and provide the offer in writing. All offers are contingent on successfully completing a background check. If you are not the selected candidate, we will write or call you to let you know.
Above all, we appreciate your enthusiasm for Moishe House and promise to be mindful and respectful throughout this process—we’ll be in touch!
Questions? During your application process, feel free to contact us at: