Program Coordinator, Camp Nai Nai Nai
Full time- Encinitas, CA
Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
● You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
● You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
● You have experience with planning and implementing large events
● You have strong detail orientation and enthusiasm for adult Jewish camping
● A Day in the Life:
The Program Coordinator for Camp Nai Nai Nai is a member of the Immersive Experiences team and works with the Camp Director to lead camp enrollment, logistics, data tracking, and communications. We are seeking a creative thinker to play a key role in making Camp happen, including:
● Administration of camp enrollment and logistics (30%): Processing camp applications, maintaining camper registration database, coordinating camper travel and transportation
● Logistical organization & tracking (30%): Conducting vendor research, negotiation, and managing vendor contracts, purchasing materials, supplies, and equipment in a cost-conscious manner, managing staff contracts, documents, and travel reimbursement
● Publicity, Communications and Outreach (30%):Assisting Camp Director in organizing and publicizing recruitment events, managing social media outreach, creating and distributing social media “tool kits” for outreach ambassadors, ensuring website is updated with latest registration and outreach information
● At-Camp Logistics (10%): Managing daily Production Schedule, leading Production staff in operational program support, including set-up and tear-down
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
● Bachelor’s Degree in communications or other related field required. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
● Minimum one year professional experience, including staff experience at Jewish summer camp, retreats, and/or travel programs. Leadership experience preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Meticulous attention to detail and record-keeping
● Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google (Docs, Sheets, Calendars)
● Working knowledge of WordPress, Salesforce, and Constant Contact preferred
● Direct experience with social media marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter
● Demonstrated experience in event coordination, vendor relations, and administrative support
● Ability to efficiently manage financial transactions and keep accurate records
● Ability to effectively and enthusiastically represent the Camp to multiple stake holders, including campers, camp staff, and the community at large
● Ability to travel and work some weekends
● Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
● Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
● Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
The Fine Print
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings, occasional travel to complete job requirements, is located in Encinitas, CA and reports to the Camp Director.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
● competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
● generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & some Jewish Holidays,
● great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
● occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
● a fun work environment with awesome co-workers,
● and, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Program Coordinator, Camp Nai Nai Nai_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.