Northwest Regional Manager
Bay Area, Portland, or Seattle
Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. We observe the highest standards of stewardship for the generous resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
- You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
- You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
- You demonstrate leadership and find joy and meaning in helping others establish a Jewish community on their own terms, embrace the numerous avenues through which a person can be Jewish, and think entrepreneurially about challenges.
A Day in the Life:
The Regional Manager is a member of the Resident Support team, supporting a region of up to 12 Houses to manage resident and community relationships, train, inspire, and mentor Residents, ensure success, growth, and sustainability for the local Moishe House community, and facilitate program administration. The Regional Manager frequently collaborates with other Moishe House teams (e.g. Development, MHWOW) in order to ensure success in planning and implementation of shared initiatives.
We are seeking a creative thinker and leader to play a key role on the Resident Support Team, by:
- Mentoring residents through the Moishe House experience of leadership and intentional community-building (50%):
- Building and maintaining trusting and meaningful relationships with residents, community members, and stakeholders
- Supervising residents in setting and achieving goals, programming, course-correcting, and celebrating successes
- Reviewing and approving program reimbursements, submitting accurate data, analyzing program data and problem-solving proactively, and communicating concerns with the program and development teams (35%)
- Participating and leading special projects as assigned such as grant oversight, planning for the North American Resident Conference, and supporting houses through the We Are annual fundraising campaign. (15%)
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant full-time professional experience, preferably in community building and program planning.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, proactive, deliver results, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Measurable experience in leading groups of people toward sustained success.
- Enthusiasm for strategizing and collaborating with the team, including remote team members.
- Strong work ethic and sense of humor.
- Demonstrated ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out as planned.
- Ability and excitement to travel within the region, up to several times per month.
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
- Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position, working primarily Monday through Friday during business hours in a coworking space. Because the Regional Manager often leads Resident meetings in the evenings when Residents are available, flex time is provided to accommodate this. Occasional weekends may also be required. This position is located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Portland, OR, or Seattle, WA, and reports to the Director of House Programs.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
- competitive compensation based on the experience you bring and your match to the position requirements,
- generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, US & some Jewish Holidays,
- great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
- occasional travel for Moishe House retreats,
- a fun work environment with awesome co-workers,
- and, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and preferred location to: email@example.com
PLEASE WRITE “Northwest Regional Manager_firstname_ lastname_preferred location ” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.