THIS POSITION WAS FILLED ON 2/28/19
MHWOW Program Coordinator
Charlotte, NC / Encinitas, CA / Chicago, IL
Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW) is a unique volunteer leadership opportunity for Jewish young adults. MHWOW educates and funds community builders to create welcoming, creative, and content-rich Jewish experiences for young adults. The MHWOW team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust!
We are seeking a Program Coordinator with exceptional administrative and customer service experience, relationship building skills, database and spreadsheet proficiency, and the ability to manage multiple administrative projects at the same time. The Program Coordinator works with the MHWOW team to efficiently complete complex administrative tasks, solve problems, provide outstanding customer service, and create efficient workflow systems.
This position, located in Charlotte, NC, Encinitas, CA, or Chicago, IL, reports to the Sr. Program Director, and works closely and on a daily basis with the Moishe House Program Team and other Program staff located in the Moishe House offices worldwide.
Who you are:
- You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
- You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
- You exemplify our Moishe Mindset to those you work with and meet throughout your journey at Moishe House.
- You are self-motivated and excited about the end-to-end creation, management, and completion of administrative projects.
- You love meeting and building relationships with young adults from a variety of backgrounds and geographical locations.
A Day in the Life:
The MHWOW Program Coordinator is a member of the MHWOW team and works with the Senior Program Director to provide administrative and program support to community builders, build and maintain relationships, and manage data-driven projects. We are seeking a creative thinker to play a key role in creating more efficient administrative systems including:
- Tracking a variety of departmental quantitative goals
- Aggregating resources and content for online publications
- Coordinating logistics for retreats and team gatherings
- Delegating customer service requests to an international team
- Coordinating team-wide projects and meetings
- Reviewing data submissions from community volunteers
- Budgeting for projects and departmental goals
- Helping constituents with administrative and programmatic questions
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Four years of related work experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 2 years relevant professional administrative experience.
- Experience with reporting, data-entry, and management of database systems (e.g. Salesforce).
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Relevant direct experience with customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new computer applications
- Experience with online forms and surveys (e.g. Typeform, Google Forms, Survey Monkey)
- Experience with website CRMs (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
- Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- Direct Jewish community experience preferred.
The Fine Print
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings, occasional travel to complete job requirements, reports to the Senior Director of MHWOW, and is located in Charlotte, NC, Encinitas, CA, or Chicago, IL.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
- We provide competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & Jewish Holidays,
- Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
- Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
- A fun work environment with awesome co-workers,
- And, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “MHWOW Program Coordinator_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.