Senior Director, Moishe House Without Walls
Who We Are:
Moishe House’s microgranting platform, Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW), supported over 700 peer leaders in 2018. The MHWOW team oversaw the administration of 3,600 micro grants in 25 countries, reaching over 20,000 individuals through peer programs around the world, and is on target to grow in the years to come.
MHWOW empowers Jewish young adults to build Jewish community by planning and hosting meaningful Jewish experiences for their friends and peers. MHWOW, one of our premier offerings, is now the fastest growing program strategy outside of the Moishe House resident model, and is poised to grow even more with the right leader.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
- You believe in our mission to empower young adults in creating community.
- You are an accomplished strategic and visionary team leader, project manager, and supervisor.
- You have a proven track record for departmental growth with high-quality results.
A Day in the Life:
The Senior Director of MHWOW executes the department’s global strategic plan, develops the MHWOW team, and is responsible for the achievement of the quantitative and qualitative results. The most important two qualities we are seeking are business administration skills and an ability to successfully develop high functioning teams and individuals. We are seeking a creative thinker to play a key role in making MHWOW the premier young adult engagement platform by:
- Providing leadership and oversight of the Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW) strategic growth plan and recruitment strategy
- Managing the MHWOW team to create strong relationships, produce high-quality projects, and maintain detail-oriented administrative work
- Strategically managing the MHWOW budget, utilizing departmental quantitative and qualitative goals data in decision-making.
- Collaborating with other departments on projects, recruitment, and leadership initiatives
- Building relationships with MHWOW hosts and community partners
- Supporting the Alumni Engagement Manager in expanding and executing fundraising campaigns
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 7+ years relevant professional experience, including minimum of 5 years supervising a team of employees toward achieving program results
- Demonstrated ability to grow a project or program and high-performing team
- Experience in community building or working with community organizers
- Advanced proficiency using social media tools, online databases, and the Microsoft Office and Google suites
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
- Willingness to travel domestically at least once a month
- Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
The Fine Print
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings, occasional travel to complete job requirements, is located in Encinitas, CA and reports to the Chief Program Officer.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
- competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & some Jewish Holidays,
- great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
- occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
- a fun work environment with awesome co-workers,
- and, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Sr. Director MHWOW_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.