Moishe House, an international nonprofit organization, provides meaningful Jewish experiences to young adults in their 20s. Our innovative model supports and sponsors young Jewish leaders as they create vibrant home-based communities for themselves and their peers. Our headquarters are in Encinitas, California, with additional offices in Charlotte, NC and London. Learn more about us at www.moishehouse.org and https://www.moishehouse.org/jobs.
Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW) is a unique creative and leadership opportunity for Jewish young adults, providing reimbursement subsidy, program support and resources, connections to hundreds of hosts worldwide, and opportunities to participate in Moishe House Learning and Leadership Retreats.
The Program Coordinator helps young adults to create meaningful Jewish communities through relationship building, program ideation, administrative support, and coordinating web-based and in-person learning opportunities. This position recruits Moishe House Learning and Leadership Retreat participants to join MHWOW and remotely trains new MHWOW hosts to create impactful programming.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator with exceptional administrative and customer service experience, relationship building skills, technological/database/spreadsheet proficiency, and the ability to manage multiple projects. The Program Coordinator works with the Program Team and the MHWOW Program to efficiently complete complex administrative tasks, solve problems, provide outstanding customer service, and create efficient workflow systems.
This position is located in Encinitas, CA, Charlotte, NC, or Chicago, IL, reports to the Sr. Program Director, and works closely and on a daily basis with the Moishe House Program Team and other Program staff located in the Moishe House offices worldwide.
Essential Job Functions
- Recruits and manages MHWOW hosts in North America, building relationships with them through customer service and training
- Manages daily administrative projects
- Completes data entry and thorough detail checking
- Works with constituents on the phone and via email regarding data processing, registrations, applications, and reimbursements
- Works with multiple database systems
- Creates engaging and effective written communication through social media, emails, and newsletters
- Coordinates logistics for MHWOW retreats and conferences
- Creates data-driven reports using advanced Excel skills
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Four years of related work experience may be substituted for the degree
- One year of relevant professional experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated advanced proficiency with computer usage skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Google Docs/Sheets
- Experience managing databases (e.g. Salesforce, Filemaker Pro, Zendesk)
- Superior in-person, phone, and email customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills to manage projects with many moving parts and multiple locations, to adhere to clear deadlines, and to work with competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and switch from one to the other with ease
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building professional relationships
- Passion for providing support for Jewish leaders, their communities, and the mission of Moishe House
- Self-motivating and independent worker
- Eager to learn, grow, and adapt
- Melds with the dynamic, lively Moishe House office culture
- Previous experience working in a non-profit organization preferred
Moishe House’s compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience, and features a generous benefits package. In addition to salary and comprehensive benefits, the Program Coordinator will experience:
Great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats
A fun work environment with awesome millennial co-workers
The support of the global Moishe House community
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume with salary expectations (no calls please) to: email@example.com
PLEASE WRITE “MHWOW Program Coordinator – YOUR NAME – PREFERRED LOCATION” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds.We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regardto race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Learn more about the Talent Alliance and check out current job openings at our partner organizations, BBYO and Hillel.