This position has been filled as of October 22, 2019
MHWOW Program Coordinator
Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW), a unique volunteer leadership opportunity for Jewish young adults, educates and funds community builders to create welcoming, creative, and content-rich Jewish experiences for young adults. The MHWOW team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, and collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. We observe the highest standards of stewardship for the generous resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
● You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
● You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
● You are excited to evaluate work processes and make recommendations to build efficiency.
● You are self-motivated and enjoy doing administrative work and managing administrative projects from beginning to end.
● You love meeting and building relationships with young adults from a variety of backgrounds and geographical locations.
A Day in the Life:
The MHWOW Program Coordinator is a member of the MHWOW team and works with the MHWOW Associate Director to provide outstanding customer service to our volunteers around the globe, administrative and program support to community builders, streamline and create efficient workflows, and manage projects. We are seeking a critical thinker to play a key role on the team who:
● Supports MHWOW hosts from around the globe
● Building relationships with hosts through positive customer service by phone, in-person, or e-mail communication
● Reviewing and approving data submissions from MHWOW hosts
● Helping MHWOW hosts with administrative and programmatic tasks and questions
● Creates reports and analyzes data for trends and accurate metrics
● Manages CRM data entry and data accuracy
● Coordinates team-wide projects and deadlines
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Four years of related work experience may be substituted for the degree.
● 1 year relevant administrative experience
● 1 year full-time professional experience preferred
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
● Significant experience with reporting, data-entry, and management of database systems (e.g. Salesforce)
● Relevant direct customer service experience
● Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new computer applications
● Experience using and developing online forms and surveys (e.g. Typeform, Google Forms, Survey Monkey)
● Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
● Exemplify the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
● Direct Jewish community experience preferred.
The Fine Print
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings, and occasional travel to complete job requirements, reports to the Associate Director of MHWOW, and is located in Chicago, IL.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
● Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
● Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & some Jewish Holidays,
● Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
● Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
● A fun work environment with awesome co-workers,
● And, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
PLEASE WRITE “MHWOW Program Coordinator_firstname_lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.