THIS POSITION WAS FILLED ON 8/23/18
Manager of Expansion
Temporary (One Year) Full-Time
Encinitas, CA, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, NC, or New York City
Founded in 2006, Moishe House launched when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends and networks. Fueled by enormous demand for peer-led, home-based programming from young adults and their Jewish communities, Moishe House has become the global leader of Jewish life for young adults.
With over 100 houses in more than 25 countries, our model develops, supports, and empowers young Jewish leaders as they create meaningful experiences in their local communities for themselves and their peers. More information about Moishe House can be found at www.moishehouse.org.
The Manager of Expansion is a key role in the success and growth of Moishe House. This position was created due to aggressive growth goals of the organization to open new Moishe Houses in strategic cities throughout North America and abroad. In addition to opening new houses, the Manager of Expansion also supports efforts to re-open houses in cities with full resident transitions.
This position requires weekday office hours plus some evenings, weekends, and holidays with travel to complete job requirements. This position can be located in any of the following Moishe House offices: Encintas, CA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, NC, New York City.
This position is a temporary, one year, full time role that reports directly to the Senior Director of House Programs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee and lead the strategy to open new houses in priority cities in North America
- Partner with Regional Managers to find, recruit, and engage potential applicants and build teams of applicant groups
- Leverage existing personal relationships, foster partnerships, and build a network of Jewish young adults to facilitate new house openings in a streamlined, efficient manner
- Raise awareness for new houses by effectively communicating with community partners and young adults.
- Manage all internal communications around opening each new house, coordinating with applicants, the program team and the development team
- Inspire applicants to take on the opportunity of building Jewish community for their peers through regular travel to strategic cities
- Interview individual candidates, groups, and conduct reference checks while communicating with regional managers
- Guide approved groups through launch process ensuring a welcoming start and a strong handoff to regional managers
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; additional four years of experience may be substituted for the degree
- At least 2 years full-time relevant work or leadership experience
- Prior leadership experience through Moishe House preferred
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, grit, and an ability to be a catalyst
- Track record of creative problem solving while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel a minimum of once per month, for several days each trip
- Demonstrates the Moishe Mindset.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A robust network of young Jewish adults in North America
- Experience in talent acquisition
- Adept at using social media for communications and outreach
- Personable and able to build relationships with a multitude of personality types
- Friendly, outgoing, and customer service oriented personality
Moishe House Provides
- Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & Jewish Holidays.
Moishe House employees also experience:
- Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats
- A fun work environment with awesome co-workers
- The support of the global Moishe House community
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Manager of Expansion_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.