Full time – Moishe House Hub Office:
Charlotte, Chicago, Encinitas, CA (preferred), New York City, or Washington, DC
(THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED)
Starting Salary Range: See below for details
Who We Are:
When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit that builds peer-led Jewish communities for young adults around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House funds, trains, and educates young adults to create pluralistic, inclusive, and welcoming Jewish communities as House Residents, MHWOW Hosts, Peer-Led-Retreat Facilitators, and in our Bases. To date, there are more than 140 Moishe House communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House is seeking an experienced IT Manager to help us scale our IT systems which power the solutions that help us deliver on our mission, analyze current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of network maintenance, cybersecurity, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You understand and believe in our mission
- You approach challenges with creativity, offer efficient and creative solutions, and drive decision-making
- You will maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- You will own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- You will handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- You will research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- You will track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- You will analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions
- You will ensure network components meet organizational needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and you’ll stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
- You will continuously analyze current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- You will prepare cost-benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
- You will train employees on software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- You will develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
- You will interface and manage external IT consultants
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science, or another related field; additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree
- You have a minimum of 5+ years’ full-time post-undergraduate professional experience in IT management
- You have experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- You have expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
- You have excellent time management skills and are energized by the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- You have advanced skills in MS Office Suite and Google Workspace
- You are eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
The Fine Print:
This position requires weekday office hours, reports to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, and works in one of our U.S. Hub offices.
Beginning in early 2022, we’re excited to be returning to a hybrid work schedule at our Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers the rest of the week (Wednesday will be a day we are all in the office together!). Employees will receive prior notice in advance of starting this new schedule.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Flexible Spending Account options
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance
- Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- 401(k) participation, with up to 3% matching after one year of employment
- Quarterly paid day of service
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunity to work in one of our U.S. Hub Locations
How Moishe House Pays You:
- Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and skillset required for each role
- Starting salary range for this position:
- Charlotte, NC: $75,000-$78,000
- Encinitas, CA and Chicago, IL: $80,000-$83,000
- NYC or Washington, DC: $85,000-$90,000
- Annual merit-based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- Annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an approved educator of your choice
- Paid work travel with perks including travel allowance, fitness classes, and accommodations
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Possible Steps in Our Hiring Process:
|Send us your resume, and cover letter, and you’ll hear back from us!
||Phone Screening and/or Video interview using a web-based platform
||Skills assessment, and interview(s) with the hiring manager(s)
||We’ll check your references to hear about your past experience
||Get an offer letter, sign it, start your Moishe House journey!
How to Apply:
Please email the following items to email@example.com with “IT Manager” with your first and last name AND preferred location IN THE SUBJECT LINE:
- Cover letter – Tell us your story and why Moishe House!
- Resume – Start Date/End Date (in month/year format) for each position you’ve held. Please explain gaps in employment.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.