Charlotte, NC – Full-Time
Who We Are:
Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust!
Who you are:
- You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
- You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
- You exemplify our Moishe Mindset to those you work with and meet throughout your journey at Moishe House.
- You bring initiative, problem-solving, and process improvement experience and abilities to your work.
- You are excited about tackling big challenges and new projects.
A Day in the Life:
The Grant Writer is a member of the Development Operations team and works with the Senior Director of Development Operations to write grants, manage income tracking, and work on projects designed to increase the effectiveness of the entire Development team. We are seeking a creative thinker to play a key role in the grantwriting and development operations job processes, including:
- Writing/compiling 8-10 grant submissions per month, including narratives and financial reports/budgets. (60%)
- Leading key development department projects throughout the year, including tracking organizational progress toward development income goals, and managing donor recognition and departmental process improvement. (30%)
- Managing evaluation processes for Moishe House, working with several departments to create alignment and track metrics (e.g. external evaluation, internal successes) against our programmatic goals. (10%)
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 3 years relevant professional experience in the nonprofit sector, including grantwriting, tracking metrics, working in donor databases, etc.
- Experience in creating high quality and grammatically correct written materials, such as grants, presentations, manuals, or papers, with demonstrated exceptional writing skills.
- Familiarity and comfort with creating budgets and financial reports. Significant direct user experience with budgets and financial reports preferred.
- Demonstrated very strong attention to detail.
- Proven high level skills with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other office management tools. Experience with Salesforce or other donor database highly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
- Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
The Fine Print
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings and occasional travel to complete job requirements. The position is located in Charlotte, NC, and reports to the Senior Director of Development Operations.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
- competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & some Jewish Holidays,
- great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities,
- occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats,
- a fun work environment with awesome co-workers,
- and, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, salary expectations, original writing sample (minimum 500 words), and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Grant Writer_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.