Full time – Based in Encinitas, CA or Charlotte, NC
Starting Salary Range: See Below for Details!
Who We Are:
When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit that builds peer-led Jewish communities for young adults around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House funds, trains, and educates young adults to create pluralistic, inclusive, and welcoming Jewish communities as House Residents, MHWOW Hosts, and Peer-Led-Retreat Facilitators. To date, there are more than 140 Moishe House communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House is seeking a strategic thinker to join our team as an Executive Assistant to provide day-to-day support to our Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and Chief Program Officer (CPO). This position requires high levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with external stakeholders.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team
- You are looking for a company culture that is collaborative, drives change, and values people
- You are truly a team player and are glad to assist in other areas and on other projects as needed
- You are a highly skilled communicator (both written and verbal), and a natural project manager and organizer, preparing agendas, ensuring metrics are recorded accurately and on time, and preparing documents and presentations
- You have advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, Google
- You demonstrate proven ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively
- You look forward to providing comprehensive support and liaison to Moishe House’s CAO and CPO, including:
- Managing complex calendaring, facilitating arrangements for domestic and international travel, and processing reimbursements
- Supporting the execution of Strategic Plan deliverables
- Coordinating and providing programmatic budget information to the Finance team to ensure alignment and consistency between the Program and Finance departments
- Organizing, executing, and assisting with team functions (e.g., staff meeting agendas, all-staff meetings, off-sites, and team social events)
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of full-time relevant experience to substitute for the degree
- You have 5+ years full-time professional experience, including 2+ years’ full-time experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant, or other similar position related to working with executives, preferably in nonprofit organizations
- You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You have eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- This position is based in our East Coast Hub Office (Charlotte, NC) or our West Coast Hub Office (Encinitas, CA)
- The Fine Print: Our team is currently working at remote locations until the offices reopen. At that time, 8-weeks’ notice will be provided when we expect to return to our offices.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Flexible Spending Account options
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees
- Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- Eligibility to make 401k contributions upon hire; company matching of up to 3% after one year of employment
- Quarterly paid day of service (give back to your community)
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms and more through Plum Benefits
- Paid work travel with perks including travel allowance, fitness classes, and accommodations
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
How Moishe House Pays You:
- Starting salary range of $53,000 – $56,000 (Charlotte, NC) OR $59,000 – $62,000 (Encinitas, CA), depending on location and assuming you meet the minimum requirements. If you have more experience or different salary expectations, please let us know!
- Annual merit-based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- $500 annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Possible Steps in Our Hiring Process:
|Send us your resume, and cover letter, and you’ll hear back from us!
||Video interview using an online web-based platform
||Skills assessment, and interview(s) with the hiring manager(s)
||We’ll check your references to hear about your past experience
Get an offer letter, sign it, start your Moishe House journey!
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume (including months/years for each position) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE WRITE “Executive Assistant” with your first and last name AND your preferred location IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.