THIS POSITION WAS FILLED ON 5/8/18
Development Administrative Coordinator – Charlotte, NC
Moishe House provides meaningful Jewish experiences for young adults around the world by supporting leaders in their 20s as they create vibrant home-based Jewish communities. We are the largest organization serving the Jewish young adult constituency (ages 22-30), and currently have 107 houses in 27 countries (and counting).
Moishe House employees are deeply dedicated to the community-building work we do. We work hard and we have fun doing it! Some of the benefits of working for Moishe House include financial support for professional development, competitive salary, and benefits.
The Development Administrative Coordinator provides support to the field Development staff (based in different US regions), performs essential fundraising operations tasks, and serves as the Office Manager for the Charlotte office.
This position is full-time, based in the Moishe House East Coast Office in Charlotte, NC, and reports directly to the Senior Director of Advancement and Philanthropic Partnerships.
Essential Job Duties
Development Administrative Coordinator:
- Provide support to the Development team staff:
- Process income and donation pledges
- Data entry of donor records and other contact information
- Maintain and update Salesforce dashboards
- Log all donor stewardship mailings and other touchpoints as needed
- Assist in preparation and planning for fundraising and stewardship mailings
- Process and mail thank you notes and pledge invoices
- Help maintain online filing system in Dropbox for Development team
- Prepare official documents for signature
- Research potential donor opportunities
- Assist Directors of Advancement with:
- Stewardship and fundraising event logistics, including creating and sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, and food
- Preparing presentations and reports as needed
- Booking travel
- Processing expense reports
- Create and update select marketing materials and collateral with community specific information
- Create and update house budgets with community specific financial information
- Prepare weekly Development Team Meeting agenda, set-up conference room A/V for meetings, and take notes
- Monitor and reconcile Moishe House’s Charlotte office credit card
- Process Shalom Park and other Charlotte office specific invoices/expenses
- Answer the Charlotte office phones and direct calls
- Maintain, supply and manage all shipping and mailing materials for Charlotte office
- Serve as primary contact for numerous Moishe House vendors and partners
- Various other day-to-day needs of the office, employees, and visitors.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum one year previous administrative work experience required
- Strong technical skills and full competencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs/Sheets, and Google Calendar required
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Other Critical Skills, Qualities and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated affable telephone presence with excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated detail-oriented, resourceful and ability/willingness to learn quickly
- Demonstrated strong time-management skills with ability to prioritize
- Able and willing to become proficient in using Salesforce as a CRM for data tasks.
- Have a passion for the work and mission of Moishe House
- Ability to work independently and self-sufficiently with a geographically spread team
- Demonstrated experience with donor management databases strongly preferred
Moishe House Provides:
Competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience, and features a generous benefits package. In addition to salary and comprehensive benefits, Moishe House employees experience:
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats
- A fun work environment with awesome co-workers
- The support of the global Moishe House community
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations (no calls please) to: email@example.com. PLEASE WRITE “Development Administrative Coordinator _ firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.