Founded in 2006, Moishe House launched when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends and networks. Fueled by enormous demand for peer-led, home-based programming from young adults and their Jewish communities, Moishe House has become the global leader of Jewish life for young adults.
With over 100 houses in more than 25 countries, our model develops, supports, and empowers young Jewish leaders as they create meaningful experiences in their local communities for themselves and their peers. More information about Moishe House can be found at www.moishehouse.org.
The Administrative Assistant is an entry-level position, providing administrative, clerical, and liaison support to the Encinitas Office and the Chief Program Officer, and reports to the Sr. Director of Business and Finance. The position is located in Encinitas, CA.
Essential Job Duties:
Executive support to Chief Program Officer
- Manages calendar, facilitates travel arrangements, and processes reimbursements
- Supports the execution of Strategic Planning deliverables
- Coordinates and provides programmatic budget information to the finance team to ensure alignment and consistency between the program and finance departments.
- Assists with payment processing twice per week
- Assists with accounts payable and accounts receivable entries
- Assists with financial projects and data entry
- Orchestrates checks printing and bank runs
- Supports the execution of strategic planning and board materials
- Provides reporting and budgetary support to the program team
- Hub liaison – Builds and manages partnership relationships with other organizations on the property. Initiates and facilitates collaboration and event planning related to HUB activities.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, provides onboarding for new Moishe House staff located in the Encinitas office, including ranch tour and training.
- Answers the Encinitas office phones and directs calls
- Manages current communications systems and anticipates future communications needs for the organization (e.g. phone, virtual meeting platforms, internet)
- Plans and executes staff and partner gatherings held at Encinitas office (e.g. meetings, retreats, holidays)
- Facilitates the office vibe of being clean, friendly, stocked, warm, and user friendly (supply room, conference room, and main area). Anticipates office supply and department storage and space needs
- Oversees organizational mailing and serves as point person for mail issues
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Four years additional experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer usage, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs/Sheets
- Superior customer service skills, in person and via phone and email
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills to manage projects with many moving parts and multiple locations, to adhere to clear deadlines, and to work with competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, switch from one to the other with ease, and be flexible with work assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Takes initiative and independent worker
- Demonstrated experience building professional relationships and working in a collaborative environment
- Passion for providing support for Jewish leaders, their communities, and the mission of Moishe House
- Eager to learn, grow, and adapt
- Ultimate team player, putting the success of the team above all else
Moishe House Provides
- Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements,
- Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & Jewish Holidays.
- Moishe House employees also experience:
- Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats
- A fun work environment with awesome co-workers
- The support of the global Moishe House community
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
PLEASE WRITE “Administrative Coordinator_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.