Accounts Payable Associate
(THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED 2/18/22)
Full time – Moishe House Hub Office:
Charlotte, Chicago, Encinitas, CA (preferred), New York City, or Washington, DC
Starting Salary Range: See below for details
Who We Are:
When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit that builds peer-led Jewish communities for young adults around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House funds, trains, and educates young adults to create pluralistic, inclusive, and welcoming Jewish communities as House Residents, MHWOW Hosts, Peer-Led-Retreat Facilitators, and in our Bases. To date, there are more than 150 Moishe House communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
The Accounts Payable Associate works in close collaboration with team members to support our accounting department with day-to-day accounting activities, such as compiling, processing, and maintaining accounts payable records.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You understand and believe in our mission and bring passion for nonprofit work
- You approach challenges with creativity, and offer efficient and creative solutions to your work
- You’ll be responsible for supporting the Accounting Department through:
- Opening mail and making copies of checks and invoices.
- Receiving, reviewing, and processing all payment requests, employee reimbursements and credit card reports for accuracy, making corrections as necessary, and obtaining required approvals as needed.
- Providing the Program staff with guidance on charging expenses to the appropriate accounts.
- Preparing checks, wires, and ACH transactions for approval and processing.
- Maintaining and updating Vendor’s information in accounting system.
- Providing requested AP related documentation for the audits.
- Assisting CPAs in preparing 1099 forms annually.
- Electronically tracking and filing invoices and documents.
- Assisting the Finance team in closing the books on a monthly and annual basis.
- Maintaining recurring schedules, such as utilities, lease terms, rent increases, and obtain proper approval.
- Provides Cash Flow support.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance-related field, and have a minimum of 1 year accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- You are skillful using Excel spreadsheets and able to quickly master accounting software; experience with financial systems such as Sage Intacct is a plus.
- You have very strong attention to detail, organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- You have the ability to multitask and support senior Finance staff.
- You have experience in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- You are eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
The Fine Print:
This position requires weekday office hours in one of our U.S. Hub offices (with preference for Encinitas, CA), and reports to the Director of Finance.
Beginning in early 2022, we’re excited to be returning to a hybrid work schedule at our Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers the rest of the week (Wednesday will be a day we are all in the office together!).
Employees will receive prior notice in advance of starting this new schedule. Moishe House requires “full vaccination” for all staff to travel, work in offices, and participate in any Moishe House group gatherings. We use the CDC’s definition of “full vaccination” as the standard, with variations based on country as needed.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Healthcare: Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Time off: 15 days paid time off (used as needed for personal, vacation, and sick days) per year that increases with continued employment (additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance) PLUS office closures and up to 7 floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- 401(k): up to 3% matching after one year of employment
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Quarterly paid day of service
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunity to work in one of our U.S. Hub Offices (Charlotte, Chicago, Encinitas, DC, or NYC)!
How Moishe House Pays You:
- Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and skillset required for each role
- The Accounts Payable Associate position is nonexempt (hourly). Starting range for this position is:
- Charlotte, NC: $21/hour – $23/hour
- Encinitas, CA, Chicago, IL – $22/hour – $24/hour
- NYC or DC: $24/hour – $27/hour
- Annual merit-based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- $750 Annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an approved educator of your choice
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Possible Steps in Our Hiring Process:
|Send us your resume, and cover letter, and you’ll hear back from us!
||Phone Screening and/or Video interview using a web-based platform
||Skills assessment, and interview(s) with the hiring manager(s)
||We’ll check your references to hear about your past experience
||Get an offer letter, sign it, start your Moishe House journey!
How to Apply:
Please email the following items to email@example.com with “Accounts Payable Associate” with your first and last name AND preferred location IN THE SUBJECT LINE:
- Cover letter – Tell us your story and why Moishe House!
- Resume – Start Date/End Date (in month/year format) for each position you’ve held. Please explain gaps in employment.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.